painted background

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

butterfly_koi

Aquarium Advice Addict
Since my 3d background is currently on hold I decided that I wanted to do a background on my nursery tank as well. but this time I wanted to paint it.
So I took one of my husbands favorite quotes and started stenciling it on the back of the tank

View attachment 99849
After that I added another coat

View attachment 99850

I taped off the sides and top and spray painted the rest white

View attachment 99852

View attachment 99853
Let it dry this afternoon, put water back in and am very happy how it turned out :)

View attachment 99854

Wow! It looks great! I suggest getting white sand and some silver/white decor to go with it

Wish I would of painted my back of my tank. 55 gallon is hard to move even half full. Lol.

Skeeter4158098 said:
Wish I would of painted my back of my tank. 55 gallon is hard to move even half full. Lol.

I like it because if I get bored with it (which I often do with my tank decor) I can just scrape it off and paint something else :)

I have to say you are lucky you have a small tank. Those of us with bigger tanks. Not as easy to move them out from the wall to paint. Lol. I have so many cool ideas I can think of.

The ten is one of my smallest, I also have another 10, a 2, a 29, a 55, and a 75. I'm always looking for cool ideas that I can add to my tank that will show off my creativity.

Back
Top Bottom