Painting plastic trim on tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
I have a pale oaky color on a tank trim, it is a Jebo New R375, (35+G) and I really like the tank otherwise, good shape and has a matching stand, which is a maple color, maybe will be the next project.

I hate to mess up the tank with a crappy cheeseball job on this so anyone have good details about painting the trim? I read lots of reviews about Krylon Fusion paint in a spray can. I am pretty good with spray paint.

Was wondering about any one's actual experience and lessons learned and advice to be offered.

It seems this trim is a bit shinier, I would say glossy, and smoother than the average tank trim of a standard rectangle tank. So I would imagine some fine sanding would be advised, and a clean base to work from. So suggestions for grit Numbers and cleaning substances?

Also I was wondering if I should try to find a free 10G oak trim tank first to get the hang of it, lol?

Here are a couple basic pics
60074-albums13647-picture67142.jpg

60074-albums13647-picture67141.jpg

Krylon Fusion was made to be used on a non-prepped surface, meaning no sanding required. It was originally formulated for use on plastics but now can be use on almost anything. If youre already comfortable with spray paint I would just recommend cleaning all of the surfaces you plan to paint with a microfiber rag and some rubbing alcohol. Tape off edges that you dont want painted and mask others. Protect other parts of the area from overspray and use in a well ventilated area.

Back
Top Bottom