paladarium build idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tyler D

Aquarium Advice Regular
i am thinking of building a paludarium to merge my 2 tanks together as the creatures in them have begun to thin out and this would take up less room... is this a good way to go about building this?

i am thinking of building a paludarium to merge my 2 tanks together as the creatures in them have begun to thin out and this would take up less room... is this a good way to go about building this?

Like combining your fish with a reptile?

Oh oops. The file didn't attach I guess? Yeah I am thinking about housing my land hermit crabs with the contents of my 10 gallon freshwater. I would use glass and aquarium sealant? To hold back the water from spilling over into the sand side and allow the sand to spill into the water side creating a beach so they hermit crabs may be safely in the tank.

Oh oops. The file didn't attach I guess? Yeah I am thinking about housing my land hermit crabs with the contents of my 10 gallon freshwater. I would use glass and aquarium sealant? To hold back the water from spilling over into the sand side and allow the sand to spill into the water side creating a beach so they hermit crabs may be safely in the tank.

Yeah as long as you make it so the hermits can't drown that would be pretty cool!

Most likely your hermit crabs will burrow into the water rather than the land side, and when they do they are constantly kicking up the sand into the water. It is hard on your filter. Other than that, it should work fine.

Most likely your hermit crabs will burrow into the water rather than the land side, and when they do they are constantly kicking up the sand into the water. It is hard on your filter. Other than that, it should work fine.

I will have the water retainer just below the sand level. Cover it with a branch or something but the water line will be very close to the divider so they won't have room to burrow on the water side.

Back
Top Bottom