pass through for regular tank... kindda...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thetmaxx

Aquarium Advice Activist
ok, if you kant understand this, go try it. you knwo how if you put a bucket underwater... flip it over, so its full of water and pull it partially out of the water the water stays in it.... so i was thinking could you use this same principle to create a bridge/pass thorugh for 2 10gallon tanks... and would this create a 20 gallon?

btw, assume i can build this out of acrylic material... sealed with tank sealer, or plexiglass welded into this shape.

i better post a drawing....

i was going to do that for my sump. i was going to have 2x 10gal tank with some u-tubes. but they could not fit in the stand. also you might want to think about maybe drilling the tank and make a box around the hole that you drilled?

i was hoping this way would be simple, removable, and the fish could live in both tanks. also my shelves are just big enough for 2x10gal tanks.

my other question i forgot, was on a setup like this it would probably be best to have another hob filter for the other side? basicly having a complete other tnak, just conected? altough im pretty certain my filter is a 10-20 gal size?

growing up as a kid, some 15+ yrs ago, one of my friend's mom had a goldfish tank like that, but it was one of those plastic department store kinds, she had a few goldfish in it, and they would occasionally go through the 'bridge' to other side of the tank. the only problem would be giving the fish a reason to go over there.

i would suggest you have another filter on the other tank, even if it just circulates the water. water in the u-tube might not mix to well with the rest of the water, if only one filter was present.

you might have to make the water flow in and out of the tube. becasue i dont see why the water would ahev to move if it go in the tube. you might want to put like a spray bar or some thing in each end of the tub stootong twards the other one to get some water movement in the tube. and have one ph in each of the tank pumping the water i ot the tube so you are mixing the water together.

Back
Top Bottom