PC light parts are here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

justDIY

Aquarium Advice Addict
i just received my pc light parts from reefgeek today ...

glad to see the 3ft long bulbs survived the journey without incident

as stated by reefgeek, the bulbs I recieved were Custom SeaLife "Super Daylight" 6700k bulbs, not the Hamilton's

Also received the Fulham Workhorse 7 'long' ... long is right! it's over 2ft ... but won't matter much, since it's going to be sitting inside the top of the light hood

I'll wire up the bulbs to the ballast tonight to make sure everything fires up, but will have to wait until July before I can build the new hood ... too many other things going on these next two weekends

Sounds cool, if you can help it, you may not want to mount the ballast inside the hood, as it will add to the heat that the lamps put out...HOT :onfire:

YA if possible mount the ballast under the tank or at the very least behind the canopy so its not adding heat directly to the water area.

WOw 2' long. My ballast from ahsupply that looked simular are only about 10" long. Guess ahsupply's are of a smaller capacity.

thanks for the comments

I plan on installing these lights in a manor where their heat won't be getting in the tank anyway (except for the small amount of IR they produce)... see my other post regarding diy lightbox / hood

WOW ...

wired up those lights and wow ... now I know that the lumens are nearly double when a bulb is first used as opposed to after 100 hours operation, but these lights were bright even in a sun filled room!

and hot is an understatement! ... even with an oven mitt, the bulbs were warm to the touch ... without, it's like touching a 100 watt halogen flood after it's been going for a while

I just layed them on the glass canopy of my 29 gall, and it looked as if the sun were shining in there ... everything looked a lot better, colors were brighter and clearer... these bulbs made the GE SPX50 look pale and yellow in comparison

so, after I recover from paying my Q2 taxes, I'll be buying a 2x 55 watt kit for the 29 gal .. the 4x 24" spx 50's are going to the trash where they belong ... I'm sold on PC ;)

Back
Top Bottom