PETG Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

budahnb

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Is it possible to construct an aquarium of PETG? I can get the material for free and would like to build a 50 gallon tank. The sheet is .340" thick.
I could also get some .375" thick, enough for a 120 gal tank.

I searched for about an hour and couldnt find any information (advantages or disadvantages) of using PETG instead of acrilic. I did find the Fish'nFlush which uses a PETG tank, but there isnt much pressure in a 2.2 gal tank...

Any info would be a great help.

I would say google it and find a supplier, call them and ask if will hold up in that application.

I can't find anything on using them in tanks. It looks like it is used mostly for bottles, face shields and such. It is a plastic.
Hopefully, some one can assist further.

Is it possible to construct an aquarium of PETG? I can get the material for free and would like to build a 50 gallon tank. The sheet is .340" thick.
I could also get some .375" thick, enough for a 120 gal tank.

I searched for about an hour and couldnt find any information (advantages or disadvantages) of using PETG instead of acrilic. I did find the Fish'nFlush which uses a PETG tank, but there isnt much pressure in a 2.2 gal tank...

Any info would be a great help.

no clue, but the fish n flush is awesome, i want one :)

Unless you know the PETG has exactly the same properties as acrylic, don't the same thickness rules for tank depth and try to push the limits. I'd really hate to see a busted aquarium because of different material properties.

I recall seeing Wet drys being made of PETG advertised in FAMA years ago. That should means there is a way of glung pieces together.

Back
Top Bottom