Places to look for donations?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lightupthedarkness30

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm planning on donating a freshwater setup to a senior center and was wondering where good places were to go asking for donation of supplies? (Lowes,, home depot, petco, petsmart, etc.) it's for an eagle scout project so it's for a good cause and all. Thanks for any help

I think the places you listed sound like a good place to start. Also try any other fish store you have in your town, especially one that isn't a big chain store. Plus check Craigslist. People are selling stuff on there all the time. You never know if someone will want to just donate their supplies to you.

Bearchumjs said:
I think the places you listed sound like a good place to start. Also try any other fish store you have in your town, especially one that isn't a big chain store. Plus check Craigslist. People are selling stuff on there all the time. You never know if someone will want to just donate their supplies to you.

Ok, that's what I was thinking. I've been going to a local store for a while now and I'm sure I can get some stuff from him. Thanks for the tips

lightupthedarkness30 said:
Ok, that's what I was thinking. I've been going to a local store for a while now and I'm sure I can get some stuff from him. Thanks for the tips

Good luck!! I'd like to follow your progress on this project. Watching fish swim around is very relaxing and would be perfect for a senior center. :)

Check freecycle.org for a local group. Its like craigslist for people to give and get unwanted stuff. You can post for items wanted. It's worth a try and cost nothing.

Back
Top Bottom