Plans for 20L Stand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What kind of stand? A little more info might get you a response, or just scroll down the DIY forum by page 2 or 3 there are several designs.

i dont have plans for it but i built 1 for my girlfreinds 20gal long. i used a 30in kitchen cupboard and some pine shelf boards

Attachments

• tank stand2.jpg
    tank stand2.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 194
  • tank stand4.jpg
    tank stand4.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 182
  • tank stand11.jpg
    tank stand11.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 169
That is a cool looking stand, so simple too. Did you reinforce the inside of the cabinet with anything (2x4's?), or just trusting the vertical strength of the cabinet?

the front is solid oak and the top and bottom is pine so those are plenty strong. but the sides are partical board(dont know if thats what its called) and the back is like the back of a cheap entertanment stand just cardboard. so i placed 2 2x4s verticaly in the back between the top board and the base board. on the outside. also with the top being so big i was afraid some1 could break it or split it i reinforced it with 2 stripps of wood on the undersid on either side of the cupboard.

Attachments

• tank stand5.jpg
    tank stand5.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 94
  • tank stand.jpg
    tank stand.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 87
the front is solid oak and the top and bottom is pine so those are plenty strong. but the sides are partical board(dont know if thats what its called) and the back is like the back of a cheap entertanment stand just cardboard. so i placed 2 2x4s verticaly in the back between the top board and the base board. on the outside. also with the top being so big i was afraid some1 could break it or split it i reinforced it with 2 stripps of wood on the undersid on either side of the cupboard.

Yep, that's what I was thinking.

Nicely done and I may steal the idea (more or less) just so you know :D.

your more than welcome to steal the idea. if you can find a oak board that will work for the top it can be stained but i didnt think oak and pine would look good together stained

I designed the stand for my 24g cube in Inventor 2010. You need to make measurements if you want a perfect fit but just be sure you use reinforcements of some sort and really tighten those screws.

If you have google sketch that could really help too. It's real nice to design it on a computer beforehand to know exactly what you'll need.

You could draw up the plans too. Just don't do things on the fly or you might mess up big time =p

Back
Top Bottom