Plastic Grate for a DIY sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ASpec

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone know where I can get the plastic type grates most sumps/wet drys come with?

I built my own sump/fuge over the weekend, but I can not find the a plastic grate that I need. I've been everywhere looking for one.

Thanks for any suggestions

Home depot, look for suspended ceiling stuff, you should find eggcrates with the light defusing panels.

Checked there... did not see anything. Hmmm... I was thinking along those exact same lines though. Maybe I'll check a different store.

What comes to mind when I think of these plastic grates is the return vents they put in drop ceilings. I just did not see such while I was there.

Thanks!

They have lots at my local HD - even comes in 3 different colours! May be yours just stock them in a different spot? In the local HD, it was not in lighting, but with the mouldings & wood trims. < Beats me on the logic of that! :D >

You might want to ask where they stock the ceiling light panels next time you are there. The eggcrates are pretty common here & just about all the DIY stores stock them here.

Any plastic grate should work, IMO. However, the eggcrate is much cheaper (about $6 for a 2x4' sheet). The return vent grates cost much more (something like $10 for a 16" vent).

Back
Top Bottom