Please Critique MY LED Choice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rduhb

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Please take a look at my LED color choices/layout and let me know if everything look ok. My tank is 75G. Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

• LED Layout.jpg
    LED Layout.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 199
a

i am so happy to see this post because i am also making a diy led reef light for my 75g tank .. but i didnot order it from rapid led. i order it from a different place because after searching for months i found a good place to order led for cheap.

this is what i have order so far for my diy project.

1. 50pcs 3w led cool white 6500k
2. 25pcs 3w led cool white 10,000k
3. 50pcs 3w led Royal blue 455nm
4. 25pcs 3w led blue 470nm
5. 10pcs 3w led UV 410nm
6. 2pcs 3w led red 660nm
7. 2pcs 3w led green 520nm

i need suggestion on how many should i use of each color on my 75 gallon reef tank.

Just a FYI, those LEDs labeled "UV" are simply violet in color. They are not ultraviolet light. I would suggest looking at these all together to see if YOU like them over your tank. You can always change out a few for different colors if you need to.
I don't think this is going to look very bright with only 12 whites over the entire tank.

what NM of UV led should i use because i checked 4 different top brand led reef light they all use around the same NM uv led. description of company & uv spec of the light

1. rapid led 410-420nm
2. Radion 415nm
3. Apollo 405nm
4. Lumini Glisten 410,455,515nm (aqua 150R model)

Ultraviolet light is under 400nm. All these other colors are for aesthetic purposes. Any one of those violet colored LEDs will be fine if you use them sparingly.

do u guys have any idea what led driver should i use for my led's. i have 3w led with 700MA

LED group buy has some good tutorials and ratios needed for the "typical" full spectrum LED build for a reef tank. Along with about any other question one would have on how to and/or what to do or get.

i found a driver
Constant Current LED Driver for 18-25pcs x 3W - In.85-256VAC, 680mA, 75W

do you think it will work

Back
Top Bottom