Please offer suggestions to equip this tank with the essentials (pitures included)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chris87

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok, bit of a strange one here. I recently sold my old tank and started from scratch, as you can see, all I have is white silica sand and some slate in the tank. I want everyone here who has a arty/creative side to give me some inspiration as to what I should do based on what you've want to do.

I have a plan to get 4 or 5 of those blue/red possibly green ect. lights to give the tank a slightly daunting and dangerous feel. I'll also get a bog-standard white strip light at the top; to sustain life in the plants I intend on adding.

I really don't have a big budget so please tell me the prices and if you know links to cheap websites/general ways to cut costs please inform me!

I'm thinking of getting some mosses to attach to some of the lumps of slate and some other longer plants which move in the water (ideally that'll grow long enough to reach the tank top). Please give me lots of details about plants as I've never used them before. I need plants with low light requirement (hence me considering mosses).

In the tank are: guppies, clown loaches, red-tailed black shark, balla sharks and neon tetras. Please bare these species in mind when voicing any ideas.

So please list as many different options as you can! Whatever you feel like doing and how you'd do it.

Thanks for any help what so ever :)

Attachments

• 050.jpg
    050.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 118
  • 044.jpg
    044.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 109
  • 047.jpg
    047.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 104
Back