Plumbing question to refugium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As far as the air in the drain lines, it's gravity forcing the drain, not a siphon, so I can't see it failing this way. I'm just wondering what the flow rate will be in the end with the air bubbles and bends.

mr_X said:
As far as the air in the drain lines, it's gravity forcing the drain, not a siphon, so I can't see it failing this way. I'm just wondering what the flow rate will be in the end with the air bubbles and bends.

That's a great point. Water should flow well enough but I don't believe it would reliably be as fast as a drain line that doesn't have an upward bend in it. That's the main reason I wouldn't use a pump that's rated at the maximum flow of 2 1" drain lines. If the pump has to much flow for the overflow some of the water could always be used to run a reactor or two. If that isn't in the plans then a more modest pump may be the way to go. Again, this is just how I would approach it.

So I picked up a mag drive 1800. I figured I can always turn it Down with a ball valve. Now can I put a Y after the return pump but before it returns to the tank and put another ball valve so I can take water out for water changes?

Sure. If you like.

I just made new supports for my 55g fresh. This is where I am putting the 135g salt. Right underneath. Right under the tank where I have the braces, about 2" down is where the tank is going to start. I have about 1' of room for access to the tank. What do you think.

image-115838239.jpg

image-2217244903.jpg

image-435201263.jpg

It looks tight. I would have broke down the freshy tank and put the 135 up there, and used the 55 as a sump for it.

I am fitting the tank now. I have to make 1 more brace then I can do the plumbing. You can see the sump in the background.

image-3949960478.jpg

image-101074586.jpg

image-1252816351.jpg

I have to cut these out of the existing wall. But before I do I need to reinforce them. Slowly getting there.

image-1732260286.jpg

Yikes! Hope you can still get in there to service the heater after ;)

I have this on one side so if anything ever happens I can prob take these sections out. Hopefully I never have to.

I cannot upload anymore pics. What's up with that??

You've probably hit your quota. You have a few choices:
1. Become a member
2. Use a photo hosting site such as Photobucket or Imgur. Once you setup an account and upload pictures, each application should allow you to copy the link to the image. When posting a message using the Mobile app, click on the "+" at the top of the screen and select "Image Link". Paste the link into the area provided and click the OK button.

With the other support piece on. Not just have to cut out the hole.

jAo4L87.jpg

CajoG46.jpg

kkMZCY8.jpg

135g ACRYLIC IN WALL TANK BUILD UPDATE!!

Tank is fitted. All I have to do now is cut the wall open and fill.
bkp9Ikw.jpg
w44vIVV.jpg

I have to figure out what kind of molding I am going to do. Any ideas!!

Back
Top Bottom