Plywood Aquarium insight please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kribensis

Aquarium Advice Activist
For the next month to two months im researching and taking notes to build a 300+ Plywood Aquarium.

Id appreciate and input, insight, tips, links, and or pictures of others aquariums others have built. I have the money and basic tools right now. But my goal is to build one that at some point I can remove it from the house if we were to ever move.

Now, going out the front door, there would be a deviding wall that is going to require 2 real skinny guys to carry it out without going diagnal out the door. So after thinking about it. Im thinking of building the tank and stand as one piece. For cosmetics. But also thinking and going to research if I can put wheels on it. But I know the weight of a full tank may make that a bad idea. But having the stand all built together would make it so anyone with a furniture/piano dolly could wheel it out the door. But Im still in the learning stage of it all.

Saw some pictures out there and thought wow. Looked real clean and nice. ANd with us being animal lovers. The solid walls would give the fish a more secure feeling if they cant see ppl and shadows all the time.

So if anyone knows of any good sources for instructions I will be posting my step by step as soon as I buy my first board. I think my Red Terror baby fingerling will love it as s/he gets older. It has to be furniture grade or my wife will make me sleep in it.

:thanks:

Why wait, jump in feet first.... Ive already started my build.... framing complete for the in wall stand... building the aquarium tonight.....

I want to make sure I dont make a 300g mistake. That would call for new carpet if I made a mistake.

Thank you everyone. You can never do too much reading when building sonething that weighs over 2 tons. A friend of mine asked me if a "pond linner" would be more secure. All this is why I research beforw jumping in that lake head first.

Back
Top Bottom