Plywood Tanks questions .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A plywood tank? Um....... how would it hold the water? And why would you want to have a wooden tank..... I'm not usually easily confused, but you stumped the panel on this one. :D

Joeybsmooth said:
The sides and back are wood but the front is glass or Acrylic.

Are you sure it's not a normal tank with wood on the outside of the backs and sides? Can't see anyway that wood of any sort would hold the water!

A plywood tank? Um....... how would it hold the water? And why would you want to have a wooden tank..... I'm not usually easily confused, but you stumped the panel on this one. :D

you have to water proof it with liquid rubber ive seen a video about how to make one ill post it here in a min

Oh, like that liquid rubber stuff that they have the infomercial for? The one where the guy installs the screen door on the boat bottom and doesn't sink? I think you get a set of ginsu knives if you place your order NOW!!!!!!! :lol:

Oh, like that liquid rubber stuff that they have the infomercial for? The one where the guy installs the screen door on the boat bottom and doesn't sink? I think you get a set of ginsu knives if you place your order NOW!!!!!!! :lol:

ya!!!! actually i dont really trust the plywood tank and i like to look through the sides too

Are you sure it's not a normal tank with wood on the outside of the backs and sides? Can't see anyway that wood of any sort would hold the water!

I gotta point out that sailing ships were wood for a very very long time... although I admit I'm not sure how much I'd trust one of these either.

I had a 1912 wooden canoe that never sprung a leak. Of course, it was covered with canvas on the outside, but without canvas, it would've been covered with acrylic coating.

For me I am student .. well a poor student. But my turtles are getting bigger so I need to get them a new house. And I just hate those stock tanks I can't see anything in them.

Back
Top Bottom