Pond in my room?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah I got fish tanks and such it's just that I wanted to turn the shower into something else besides an open space you know? That's ok though I will just do something else

I would worry about legal problems. I would expect to be sued for damages if I built a pond out of a bathroom in my apartment. Even if nothing went wrong, theres probably something in the lease about renovating.

My gf looked up inside ponds last night, and there is some wicked cool looking stuff, and we might like building one but only when we own a home.

It all sounds good on paper but search in-wall tank damage and you'll find hundreds of complaints. Wood rotting, drywall sagging/bowing, etc. The same problems will happen with an in-house pond. Your dehumidifier will be running 24/7 to keep up.

chrismiller21 said:
Why not measure and find a small octogon or corner aquarium and stand. i know petsmart has half moon 30 gal tanks that would prolly fit.

Really? My petco is quite limited. Same as my LFS

hey bud i do tile for a living if you want to build that wall up all you have to do is pull the top tiles off build it up with 2x4's and put wet board or hardy backer and rap the hardy backer or wetboard with it then get a small bucket of water proofing in the tile section of home depot or lowes paint it on making sure you get all the seems let dry for 24 hours then put ner tile over the water proofing then grout with non sanded grout and you are set any questions about this you can pm me good luck.

Find a tank a stand that fits in there. Then all you have to during pwc's is just run it down the drain!

Back
Top Bottom