Pond liner refugium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

land locked

Aquarium Advice Freak
My husband has more fun with the refugium and wants to expand it. He wants to build a box of wood, well sanded with all rough edges gone. Then he wants to line it with pond liner, the heavy black plastic stuff. The area he wants to put it is an unusual shape and no traditional tank of about 20-30 gallons will fit. It is obviously fish safe but do you all think this will work? We have seen above ground pond made of wood so a well built structure should hold. What are your thoughts?

I know alot of folks that use a rubbermaid container. It does not have to be glass. As mentioned earlier as long as it will hold the water. Also going to move to the DIY forum.

I prefer the glass because you can see the contents inside of the refugium I lay on the floor and stare at mine sometimes even though it only has rock chaeto and 1 hermit crab. I know im a little wierd. If you husband is handy enough to build a wooden refugium why not try and get thick 1/2"-1" acrylic sheeting and build a clear box. He could make it any size he wanted and with the right tools cuts just as easy as wood does. He would just have to glue it together instead of nailing it together. Just a thought

Back
Top Bottom