Portable RO/DI water storage tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No. This one is used exclusively for RO/DI water. I'm considering purchasing another one for storing SW but currently just use a rubbermaid style container to mix water changes.

reefrunner69 said:
How do you have it secured to the dolly?
Looks like gravity holds it down.

put a pump in there and some hose connected to a switch and you got yourself a pumping RO storage tank :)

fishfreek said:
put a pump in there and some hose connected to a switch and you got yourself a pumping RO storage tank :)

They make a pump kit for the tank. Pump mounts on flat section on top of tank with hoses running down in tank but I found that a MaxiJet 600 with a section of hose on it does just as good and was considerably less expensive.

You can also use rather large and INEXPENSIVE plastic trash cans. You can also find round dollies. Your average trash can would cost about $8.00 (thirty some gal)and the dolly would be about $20.00

problem with the trash can is most trash cans are not designed for.... potable water storage.... as a result they have chemicals that can leech out of the plastics into the stored water... stick with the rubbermaid brands since most of their plastic is made for water/food storage anyway and they just generally use the same stuff with the trash cans.

Avoid anything with an anti-microbial and anti-bacterial additive to the plastic too since that stuff wasnt really made for drinking out of... lol....

Anyway the bigger the cans you look for the more likely a lot of them have "inserts" for the bottom. When you get the really big cans for janitorial type purposes that let you add wheels on the bottom and roll it around!

hmmm... run new water line so I can put the RO filter in the fish room... or buy a garbage can with wheels... hmm... I know which one I want.. but I'd better go with the garbage can idea :D

Back
Top Bottom