Power head spray bar?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Banana mouse

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ny ideas on how to make a cheap spray bar?
I got a power head and iv decided the current may be a little too strong, I don't want to remove the power head as iv only just got it do iv decided in going to make a spray bar just to add a little more air to the tank so any ideas on how to make one? Thanks

Easy fix no problem.

Pipe, end cap, hose barb adapter, section of tubing and 2 magnetic thermometer holders. Saw, Drill press, Dremel, and assorted sand paper. I had most of everything needed in the handy Rubbermaid tub of assorted "fish junk". All the raw materials can be found at Ace, Lowes, Menards, etc...... The most expensive items will be the magnetic holders but heck everyone should have a dozen or so of them laying around. One of those must add items to any internet purchase.

Often the power head will come with various adapters so you can skip purchasing a hose barb or instance. Might have to do a little modification with the dremel to get a good slip fit. I don't glue any of it, makes cleaning much easier. Fairly straight forward and a quick project.

img_2046743_0_e27dbbda0abf5c77e25355bc86039780.jpg

Hmm... It sounds kind of hard I'll show this to my friend he might have a better understanding of this then I do but thank you for a response anyway :)

go to walmart and buy one of those outside mister sprayers for cooling down outside. shorten it to fit any tank. the fish in my tanks love it and it also imitates rain for there breeding period.

Back
Top Bottom