Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-26-2005, 03:07 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

lol, it seems I overlooked the most important thing.
If you were using the shelves I am thinking off. ie all material is steel 90deg angle (L)
There is no way possible you will be able to put the tanks into it.
I'll get back to my original design.

Labidochromis caeruleus
Cynotilapia afra 'Cobue'
Pseudotropheus acei 'Msuli Point'
Aulunocara stuartgranti 'chipoka'
Labidochromis freibergi
Oreochromis mossambicus
Etroplus suratensis
DeFeKt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 05:31 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Regular

For what it's worth, I now found out that the sales associate I spoke to at Wearing Williams misunderstood what I was asking about... and it turns out that the "EZ-Rect" Shelving does not stop at a maximum of six foot high corner posts. In fact, it appears quite modular in design. What the heck was this guy talking about?

Old 11-01-2005, 08:02 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to greenmaji
8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
ROFL! :P
Old 12-12-2005, 06:51 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Regular

To those who send me private message asking "How's the stand coming" and such forth, I've decided to hold off for now.

Long term, I may still sell the 150-gallon that is in the space where the "rack" was going to go, but if I do any more aquairum related stuff, I was thinking I would like to get a 72", 135-gallon, to go along a side wall instead.

On a side note... I actually DECREASED the amount of Tropheus I am keeping, one colony is gone (the Kiriza) so no need to press ahead for now. Also, trying to pay down some other debt before I worry about a new aquarium.

Thanks for all the feedback nonetheless.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:10 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

When and if you do start your project, may I suggest more than 9" of free space between the bottom and top tank?? I own a similar set up and believe me that is not enough elbow room for maintenace.

Especially if you find yourself in the position of having to net something, by the time you get it caught, the net handle will have to be manipulated out of that space and it is indeed frustrating, more often than not , losing the fish in the process! Anyway that's been my experience
Old 12-12-2005, 09:17 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Regular

I don't think the rack will work in the space anyway, as I was saying previously 9" would be about the maximum clearance, if I want it to be a "rack" (two or more rows high of tanks) at all. There is a bulkhead over the space I wanted to put it in and I cannot modify that bulkhead or HVAC and structural reasons.

Tags
project

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com