PVC for lighting holder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmolavi

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a spare LED from BuildMyLED (may they rest in peace) that I used on an older, smaller tank.

I want to utilize this light on my 40 now, but don't want a hanging fixture. My existing fixture rests on the rim (another BML light with the rim mounts).

I'm thinking of using a PVC pipe with slots routed out for light and heat. However, I'm trying to figure out the best way to keep it stable, and prevent rolling. I have a screen top on the tank, so simply cutting a notch on the ends won't work.

63298-albums14261-picture70357.jpg

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make it stable, or if there's something I can attach to the pipe (some sort of PVC mounting block, etc)?

Thanks...

You could put a coupler on the ends and flatten one side or just put elbows on the ends , maybe one end would work .

Thanks for the replies. Since this is an existing fixture, I'll give it a go with some slip couplings and try to flatten a portion of it somehow.

49.1.jpg

Look for fitting like this and cut the threads off? Or the flattened side on a slip fitting would likely work.

Back
Top Bottom