PVC Overflow system question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SnowRider

Aquarium Advice Activist
So what my question is; how high can I make the output into my wet dry filter on the overflow? I've seen a lot of pictures on the Internet where the output into a wet dry filter from the overflow is very low on the PVC pipe.
If I put it higher up will I lose flow rate?
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414627989.137098.jpg

Or should I put it lower?
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414628128.742181.jpg

Maybe pm mr. X or sniperhank? They know this stuff!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Definitely need it lower as in your second pic. Also, most people put the intake pipe and the outflow pipe on opposite sides of the tank to improve flow.

The black pipe right next to the intake is the return for my undergravel jet system.
The overflow system will go into a wet/dry filter made from plastic shelving. From there the something will feed water into the jet system.

So wait the return is the jet system?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I like that I'm going to do that on my 44 gallon

If you're going to be doing the same thing you have to match the gallons per hour in the piping system the trickle wet dry filter and the gallons per hour in the jet system.
You have to match everything or it will not work correctly. Let's pray that I get it right

Not sure what these charts mean can you give me the site? I would assume you just need enough pressure to get it to work properly?

Sorry about that, I was driving when Posted that. Those are gallons per hour for the width of PVC pipe.
I try to match the gallons per hour for the pipe, with the sump pump and etc.

What is that black stuff you are using to hide the piping inside the tank?

What is that black stuff you are using to hide the piping inside the tank?

Are you referring to the plate of glass or sheet of plastic that has a grate at the top that allows water to enter the drain pipes?

Back
Top Bottom