PWC system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yes, you can get a submersable pump that is intended for outdoor ponds and put that in your container in the garage and run the hose from the pump into your fish tank.

Maybe I wasn't clear in what I'm trying to accomplish, or I'm not following you guys/gals.

I have a RO+DI filter that pumps water continuously into a storage container I have in my garage.

Currently I go in there dunk a bucket then haul it over to my tank.

I want to try to find an easier hose type thing that I can hook my pump to, or get some form of cheap suction pump that will allow me to pull water from that storage bin and fill my refugium.

Any thoughts?

Sorry, I thought you were looking forsomething to drain the tank... :oops:

yes, you can get a submersable pump that is intended for outdoor ponds and put that in your container in the garage and run the hose from the pump into your fish tank.

Darn, you beat me to it.

A pump with a hose. If you can use the pump at the aquarium and use it to suck water from the storage bin it could be a pretty easy one-man job. Depending on the distance, if the hose is empty it could overheat the pump before getting water through it. If you use the pump at the storage unit you would need to have a way to monitor the tank while the pump worked. Two people working together could make it easy that way. Sorry, I'm rambling. Been a loooong day already.

i have a remote switch to help me control my submersible pump that is in my reservoir, while I stand near my tank. it is the coolest thing.

carey said:
I just use rio pump and 3/4 inch hosing I got at home depot. I put the pump in the main water storage container and run it to my tank.

Ditto................

Back
Top Bottom