question on lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

espioragney

Aquarium Advice Newbie
may not know what to search for. But is there anything out there like a part or an L bracket similar to the eco Pico light thing but blank with no lights so that I can adher my own led lights. That clamps to the rim of a tank or something. Its for a 5 gallon normal size Betta tank with a glass top on it from versa glass. I don't wanna spend like 30 bucks on a florcent lighting system that r on normal tanks just to gut it out to put leds in it.

Any help to links or info is appreciated.

Have you already purchased the LEDs? Are you growing plants or coral with the lights or is this just a display light?

Just two simple ones for a Betta tank all plants r silk. I took them off one of those 10 gallon aquarium hoods u can get at Walmart. Its just for light in a Betta tank nothing special. There not as powerfull as a flourcent but the betta likes them. Its got adhesive on the back there the size of the tru lumen led ones. They were cheaper to buy the hood just want something to mount it on over he glass. Like he eco Pico arm.

But don't wanna buy the arm with he light just to rip the led off. U know. Its pointless. Something similar to that. A DIY thing

That is somewhat of a tall order, unfortunately. I think you will have trouble finding any kind of arm clamp system on the cheap.

I am sure you could come up with something though just by browsing at Home Depot or Lowes. Maybe a Shelf bracket(s) mounted behind the tank? Put up a shelf, put the LEDs on the bottom?

I am sure you can piece together something with misc. hardware, but I don't see anything out there readily available.

Exactly was just wondering if anyone has done this b4

Ur ideas good but I'm trying to figure out something that's portable like that goes on the tank.

Any other ideas? From others or you maybe?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think if you went to a hardware store, you could find the pieces to build it as portable as you would like, and make it clamp onto the tank.

I spent a good deal of time looking around and didn't see anything that was ready to go off the shelf that cost less than $80-90.

OK and what about metal from a clamp will it hurt the Betta and snail or do they make plastic clamps I don't go to the hardware store to often lol

I am sure you can find some plastic clamps, but if they are metal, that's fine too for FW. You don't want any of it submerged anyway.

Back
Top Bottom