Quick question on DIY CO2 Reactors...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonewolfblue

Aquarium Advice Addict
I an catching onto the DIY thing, but the only thing I have a hard time with is the securing of the plumbing. If I made a DIY reactor like the one Purrbox has, how do I go about attaching it to the back side of the tank?

I have a few solutions for you

1. what I did on my first reactor (one made out of a gravel vac) is take a 2" to 3" rubber coupling and set the reactor upright in that. I had to cut out a chunk out of the bottom of the coupling so the L that the elbow made could poke out with it standing up.

an example of the coupling can be seen here

2. on my latest reactor (the one I just posted) I create a upside down U by connecting 2 elbows. Ironically enough this creates the perfect hook over the side of an aquarium. I then just make sure to clamp down all the hoses that have weight on them (I normally clamp down any hose outside the tank) and let the weight rest on that reverse U.

I was just wondering if there was a clamp that you can screw into the back side of the aquarium stand to clamp the DIY Reactor, then hook the flexitubes to it.

Is it a wooden or metal stand? If its wood they sell plastic clamps at Home improvement stores that you can put around the tube and use 1 screw to attach it to whatever you need. If its Metal I wouldnt put holes in it but possibly some heavy duty Zip ties. They are cheap and you get quite a few in a package, also available at a Home improvement store.

They are wooden stands. What I'm looking for, and I don't know the exact name of them, is a clamp that you can screw onto the stand, and has a quick-release lever. When the clamp is open, you put the reactor in it, and close the hook and push the lever in to clamp it down tightly. The reactor will be hooked up to a powerhead most likely, and will run to the reactor and back to the tank in my 29G. As for the 75G, will probably be hooked up to the XP3.

Back
Top Bottom