Rebecca's 55 Gallon Aquarium Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What mixture did you use for the concrete? I have not yet started my build and keep flip flopping on what I plan to do.

Thanks so much!!
Allot of blood, sweat, well no tears but quite a few bruises lol
As we were moving the tank into the house it slipped from my end and I kind of caught it again as it hit the top of my thigh. Needless to say, I now am the proud owner of a nice swelled purple bruise about 5 inches long and 2 1/2 inches wide on my right thigh and a three inch long one on the left. Ah the pain we endure on the great aquarium adventure. :)

That is so very cool!! A lot of work or you, but it's looking just fantastic! :)

Sweet!!! Id get an african clawed or a couple african dwarfs for the bottom pool.

Very nice job so far. Tagging in to follow along, and maybe steal some ideas for my next build.

Thank you so much for the compliments everyone! I don't have any updates at this point, the fair has been in town, busy with the kids you know the drill lol.
But I will start again tomorrow and keep you posted.
I am planning live plants but haven't decided at this point what kind. I think that some ground cover moss would look sweet, maybe some type of climbing plant as well.
This whole project has been a learning experience as I go along so everything stock, decor, plants etc. is still up in the air and open for discussion. :)

I have not updated this build in a long while so here goes...
I have done not a darn thing with it lol
I ran into a problem with the waterfall leaking so the build has been on hold for a while, also I have been trying to figure out how I am going to be creating a drainage layer for the bottom of the tank. I am thinking that I will need to create a false bottom with a piece of plexiglass so the excess moisture will have a place to drain into. But the conundrum that I am running into is how will I get the water out from there? I am thinking that I will somehow need to drill a hole into the bottom side of the tank to run a line into with a pump to drain. Ah what to do what to do.

Back
Top Bottom