Rebecca's 55 Gallon Aquarium Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is a bummer! How hard was the background to get out? Personally I've seen people say not to use the red cedar, but I have in the past without any ill effects - once again having a truly dry/dead piece that has weathered a good bit may be the issue.

It wasn't too hard, all I had to do was crack the concrete and it just fell off. My pieces of driftwood were not truly dead, I didn't even think about it because when I put it in there the tank wasn't supposed to be full of water. I'm not too sad about it, it was allot of fun building it and even more fun breaking it down. Now that I know how to build a background if I decide to build another one it should be easy.

Sorry for the loss :( of the fish, background and a cool tank.

It's alright Andy. It's still a cool tank, just an empty cool tank.

It wasn't too hard, all I had to do was crack the concrete and it just fell off. My pieces of driftwood were not truly dead, I didn't even think about it because when I put it in there the tank wasn't supposed to be full of water. I'm not too sad about it, it was allot of fun building it and even more fun breaking it down. Now that I know how to build a background if I decide to build another one it should be easy.

It's alright Andy. It's still a cool tank, just an empty cool tank.

I.see a cichlid tank coming now :) glad your okay with it though

Back
Top Bottom