I wasn't fully for sure if I should post this in the DIY Thread or the Amphibian Thread.
Alright, so after having a 55G tank laying around for what seems like forever, I finally decided what I wanted to do to it. And since the 75 is currently on hold I wanted to jump right into my project with the 55. After closer inspection of the tank I decided it would be safest if it wasn't full of water
so I decided on a vivarium instead.
It didn't tank me long to reseal the tank because the old silicone was falling off anyways
So I lugged the thing into the house and somehow managed to put it on the table (that part still amazes me).
After the old silicone was off and new was on, I let it completely dry for a few days then began to cut my styrofoam for my background
I have been doing allot of reading on the use of foam in an aquarium and decided that this was the best route to go with for the background, so I cut an additional piece of styrofoam for the right corner where I will be sticking a water pump in for my waterfall and foamed the rest. The left side has yet to be foamed which will have to wait until payday but I will create a ledge to provide additional climbing spaces for my inhabitants.
The driftwood was cleaned, soaked, and dried before hand to prevent any bacteria in the tank. Then was foamed in as well. The foam itself probably will be painted with Quikrete to create a rock effect.
Well that's all I got so far! I'll keep updating as I progress with the project.
I also have a thread with a few stocking questions for anyone able to help;