Reclaiming/reusing saltwater?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmolavi

Aquarium Advice Addict
For my FW tanks, I siphon the water into my rose garden. The flowers love it. :) I'm trying to figure out if there's any use for the siphoned salt water I take out of my reef tank, besides dumping it down the drain. Is it too salty to use on plants? I'm guessing it would kill them pretty quickly...

Yes too salty. Dump it. You can always dump it in a bucket and allow it to evaporate if you want to increase humidity in the house or leave it outside. Some butterflies and moths might drink from it to get some minerals.

I have a stone driveway that grass likes to grow in so I dump all of my used saltwater into the driveway and it keeps the grass from growing. It's the best weed killer and you not putting nasty chemicals into the ground.

I have a stone driveway that grass likes to grow in so I dump all of my used saltwater into the driveway and it keeps the grass from growing. It's the best weed killer and you not putting nasty chemicals into the ground.

Yep! Good weed killer! Fresh for the plants you like and salt for the plants you don't! The garden has never looked better :p

Back
Top Bottom