Repair 50gal tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

charlie020792

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have just purchased a used 50gal aquarium, I had it set up for 2 days before one of the seams burst and flooded my living room. I managed to save all of my fish, however I now have a tank that I really need to try and repair. I don't have the money to purchase another one, so I need to fix this for the sake of my fish. Can anybody tell me what I need to do? At first I thought I just needed to reseal, but since doing some research I'm under the impression that I will need to take it apart as the seal holding the glass panes together has gone. Any advice will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'd be best to break the thing down and do it all the way.
GE 1 silicone
Plastic putty knife
Blue painters tape
Acetone to really clean the silicone
Patience
Patience
More patience
Beer
Core fully remove top trim with putty, carefully separate panels. Clean and scrape old silicone. Reassemble. I'd recommend watching a YouTube vid. It's a process.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You'd be best to break the thing down and do it all the way.
GE 1 silicone
Plastic putty knife
Blue painters tape
Acetone to really clean the silicone
Patience
Patience
More patience
Beer
Core fully remove top trim with putty, carefully separate panels. Clean and scrape old silicone. Reassemble. I'd recommend watching a YouTube vid. It's a process.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Agree, patience is the key, took me month and half to before I refilled my cracked 250l, had to buy new bottom glass, original wasn't even cut appropriately, even got thicker glass 2.5cm

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom