Replacing glass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joeducati

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does anyone have any experience replacing glass on an aquarium? I just bought a 150 gallon tank with 1/2 inch glass and I need to replace the bottom. Open to suggestions . Thanks.

Attachments

• image-3527441178.jpg
    image-3527441178.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 103
Does anyone have any experience replacing glass on an aquarium? I just bought a 150 gallon tank with 1/2 inch glass and I need to replace the bottom. Open to suggestions . Thanks.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398701532.269070.jpg
Crack is on bottom right side

Depending on where the crack is and how big, you may be able to patch it, rather than replace the entire bottom. You would also need to do a re-seal to the entire tank. that is still less work than replacing the bottom, which would also require a re-seal. Since that tank has no bottom trim, if the bottom is well supported, there should be no issue.
If that is the crack I see, a piece of glass that covers the crack and extends a few inches on both sides will be more than sufficient. It will be much cheaper as well.

Thanks but will that work if the crack goes across the whole bottom from front to back?

I will try that first and worst case I still have to replace the bottom .

Back
Top Bottom