Resealing 90 gallon aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Serpentman

Aquarium Advice Activist
I guess its a little late for advice. I just completed my first resealing attempt on my 92 gallon corner bow front that I just dug out of storage. It was holding water when I put it away but there were areas that had me concerned.

I followed instructions, stripped out the existing, scrubbed with acetone and then resealed. I used a heavy amount of silicone so I am going to let it cure for 3-4 days. I plan on filling it in the garage to test it.

Question: How many of you have successfully resealed an aquarium?

IT HELD!

After letting it cure for 3 days, I filled it up today and so far no leaks!!!!

Re: IT HELD!

Serpentman said:
After letting it cure for 3 days, I filled it up today and so far no leaks!!!!

Grats!

I've resealed a few even an antique 55 before, as long as the seams are clean and you let them cure well enough there's usualy no problems.

i resealed my 55 gallon. no problems. actually i wish i made the beads thinner, as i went a little overboard, and i can really see the silicone on the glass...

put some newspaper under the tank when you fill it with water to test for leaks. be careful not to get any water on the paper when you are filling the tank... the newspaper will show wet spots if you have any leaks. if you miss actaully seeing the wet paper, you will notice that the paper is "different" (it will be wavy or have a different feel to it) after it dries out...

edit... well it looks like i didnt read your second post, you've already filled it. oh well, i will consider it advice for the next person reading this... :oops:

~mike

Most of my tanks were bought as leakers, so I have probably resealed at least 10, and have 5 that are almost ready to do, including a 90.

I resealed my 55 gallon. no problems. actually i wish i made the beads thinner, as i went a little overboard, and i can really see the silicone on the glass...

I made the same mistake as well. I was worried and went a bit overboard.

I finally got it mounted on the stand and filled about 80% of the way. Still keeping my fingers crossed!

Back
Top Bottom