Resealing Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jess1ca

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just bought a 110g off Craigslist :) Pick it up Thursday! The man who has it recommends I reseal it, does anyone recommend any awesome step-by-step or Youtube videos that explains and shows you how this is done? Like a "Aquarium sealing guide for dummies" lol! Im almost not confident enough to do it myself :ermm: Thanks (y)

Last edited:
I would not ever feel comfortable with anything over 55 gallons sealed that way. I know many have done it but no way in my house. Complete rebuild: dis assembly, scraping of all silicone, cleaning all residue, then all sides/bottom have fresh silicone applied.

Lepomis said:
I would not ever feel comfortable with anything over 55 gallons sealed that way. I know many have done it but no way in my house. Complete rebuild: dis assembly, scraping of all silicone, cleaning all residue, then all sides/bottom have fresh silicone applied.

Yea, this seems to be something I probably shouldn't do on my own :( I'd love to try but would hate my effort to be wasted or my house flooded! Lol!

We re-sealed our 75 gallon tank with no problems. Removed the old stuff and put the new silicone on. I did mess up the first time on a smaller tank and then re did it. It's really not that hard once you start :).

Edit.. The biggest thing is don't let that tape sit once you put it on or it will cause issues when u take it off. I actually "free handed" it with the larger tank once I saw what I needed to do.

AndrewsPistol said:
Thank you! Soooo nervous to do this.... Im actually tossing around the idea to possibly pay someone to do it. I dont want to invest all kinds of money into it and have it fall apart on me.

I don't charge much....

Back
Top Bottom