Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-02-2009, 04:13 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
If ur are worried about spray then take a look at Lowes or Home Depot, they have textured paint that u can roll. I am with u, I suck large at spray painting, so I roll when ever possible. As far as water proofing coat with Kilz first, will also hide the orig finish.

Look forward to seeing your progress

john73738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 06:02 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist
What size sump do you plan on using? Nice tank BTW.

jcmelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:54 AM   #13
AA Team Emeritus

For what it's worth, I had the same exact tank. Was able to fit a sump/fuge on the left, my Aqua C EV skimmer in the middle, and a 37g freshwater reservoir tank on the right underneath my stand. Fit perfectly. Here's a pic of a bit of it underneath during setupt time long ago to give you and idea. I think I've got a better pic at home if you're interested. Put a JBJ auto top off unit in the 37g FW tank to fill the sump/fuge as needed. With the reef lighting and the canopy, I'd lose about 3-5g of water a day to evap, so that 37g was a life saver for me. Had to only fill that once every 2 weeks maybe.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	New tank 4-27 016.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	21642  

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:52 AM   #14
Thanx but no.....

Originally Posted by mfdrookie516 View Post
well when i said soak it in vinegar, i actually meant just get it real wet with vinegar... maybe take some paper towells soaked in vinegar and lay them on it? As long as you scrap with the razor blade backwards, as in with it tilted so that the sharp side is facing the opposite way youre traveling, it shouldnt scratch it. honestly not sure on the overflows, but im sure you can get them from the manufacturer of the tank
A light sanding with a high grit sandpaper works too. Lot less elbow grease
CaptainAhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:02 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict
Welcome to AA. Bow fronts are the nicest looking tanks.
Bige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 11:32 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Activist
welcome, do you have and more pics??
lancer22386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:08 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak
wow i love that tank iv never seen a bow front that big its gona look ba. as for the cleaning i just set up a 75gal that was a salt tank. i used the viniger method and i wet a rag with some vinigar didnt leave it soak, and rub it most of it cleaned right up what didnt i used a brilo pad(used to scrub dishes) that worked great to clean inside maby use a brilo pad soaked in vinagar and a stiff stick and scrub up and down or maby a scrub pad on a long handel they sell at fish stores good luck cant wait to c more pics

75gal 2 bala sharks,1glass catfish,3clown loaches 1of each,blue gourami,sun catfish,banjo catfish,giant asian upside down catfish,hillstream loach-10gal 6glowfish/blacklite
strokinbyeu is offline   Reply With Quote

bowfront, stand, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com