Rimless

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dr3ww3rd

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I know there are tons of threads on this but was wondering if I took off just the black pieces and left most of the silicone would that be safe? I can't risk having a leak. If you have a DIY rimless 5.5 gallon that has lasted a long time please post.

My 5G Betta tank is rimless. It's about 3 years old now. Can't remember if it came rimless or I never put the trim on.

Last weekend I removed the top and bottom trim off of a 12 gallon and havent had any issues but of course I did it almost a week ago. I honestly think it looks better without the trim. Just have patience and wear gloves.

I have removed all of the trim off my 10g almost a year ago. i was pretty rough when doing so, and even went as far as to trim back the silicone so it would look nicer. It has yet to leak, knock on wood...
Simply slide a razor under trim, cut as much silicone as possible. then score the corners so it will break off in straight sections. Then pull... good luck

Back
Top Bottom