Riparium Waterfall Idea - Need Some Input

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that looks great, did you put a shutoff valve on it so you can control waterflow? is it going to have a pool around it or is the pool only going to be the size of the PVC?

Not yet, the shutoff will be incorperated into the external piping. I'm hoping to create a small pool directly around the top of the PVC, and then a larger one at the bottom of the waterfall, but you know what they say about the best laid plans of mice and men!

I think you're probably past this part, but for my waterfall. I carved a reservoir into the foam about 3 inches deep at the top and cut the hose flush with the bottom of the reservoir. I was going to mount a plate above the outlet to direct the water sideways and stop the geyser effect, but the flow from the pump turned out to be perfect. I made sure the edge of my fall was perfectly level and flat for even overflow, then cut a few notches where I wanted water to flow a little more heavily. If I'm too late, maybe this will help with future projects. ...I checked your other thread. I like the concept!

image-2788557692.jpg

Thanks Chris. Actually the tank that I was working on for this project broke while I was attempting to drill it, so the whole project is on hold while I get the salamander tank up and running. I did drill a second tank, so the holes are are drilled and the tank is ready to go, just waiting on me to get the time to get back to it.

I'm hoping to get the salamander tank done this week, as I was contacted by someone who is donating some stuff to the school for saltwater, so I have to get a bigger saltwater tank up and running here by the end of next week.

Back
Top Bottom