Rustoleum Neverwet & similar for stands and cabinet items?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
I don't mean for driftwood or things inside the tank. I mean for use on things the tanks sit on.

Anybody use this stuff or the other one, can't think of its name...

Rust-Oleum® NeverWet® Liquid Repelling Treatment

Opinions, thoughts, observations? Pics of what you used this on. I would like to use it on the cabinet I will be setting 3 fish tanks on and I occasionally spill or things just happen.

I would love to know if this stuff works. My SW tank takes some dripping and salt creep on it as well as my 10g freshwater gets some water on its stand. This would be great.

Caleb

I just use a good latex exterior house paint, No problems so far and cheap and long lasting.

That's what I was wondering. I guess it is halfway between a polish and a permanent paint?

Thinking it might be handy inside some of the cabinets which are just bare wood. Still thinking though.

For this particular application. I have a contemporary long chest of drawers like a credenza aka dresser which I am putting my 12G edge tank, flanked with the 2 6.6G Edge tanks on. I don't want to change the color or finish atm so want a clear seal.

That is fine to discuss other similar protectants as this is all pertinent to protecting the wood/cabinets.

I frequently use many kinds of furniture to hold my tanks and would love to find a way to save things from water damage.

A had a great wood bookshelf I didn't notice a spill in the back of the tank area and made a really bad warp :(

Never wet is not clear. It's finish is somewhat frosted/mat.

This product works wonderfully repelling water. I have friends who used it on construction boots.

Just throwing it out here but what about a spray on varnish? I used a can on the tank hood as had to cut it for pipes (stupid design) and had enough to give it a few coats. I've found varnish will not last in the sun though.

I guess it depends if you want to paint the wood or just protect it a bit better. Either way.

Back
Top Bottom