Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-27-2011, 02:59 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out. My other half stopped me from sinking a guitar in my tank. I will keep an eye out for anything u can use

Old 09-27-2011, 12:48 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalHeadX343 View Post
Does any body know where I can find guitar miniatures made of aluminum or stainless steel, or some thick cool looking barbed wire or a skull? any of these can be ceramic or stainless steel or anything aquarium safe. I've been looking all freaking day and I found wooden miniatures but i'm not sure if the paint is safe and I don't know how to make it sink. So please help me out. I just want some brutal metal stuff in there and I can't find any So if some of you can try to surf the internet and type in better words of choice then I have used then that will be greatly appreciated.... or i'm gonna have to get the guys from tanked down here to help me
I found some small stainless steel skulls and guitars on eBay (search stainless steel skull guitar) but they are rings and/or pendants. Depending on the size you want, that could be an option if you are willing to cut off the parts you dont want. You can also look at places like Hot Topic, Spencers and other stores that sell punk or goth stuff like that, usually located in malls. Another place if you want to go there would be like voodoo or occult stores. They sell all sorts of things that may fit your description.

The barbed wire stuff I found, you wouldnt want in your tank. Almost all of it was real and would rust quickly. Here is an option of halloween decorations that look like rusty barbed wire: 18 FEET FAKE RUSTY BARBED WIRE HALLOWEEN PROP~DECORATIONS~BARB WIRE~BARBWIRE | eBay
There may be other types available.

Good Luck!

Old 09-28-2011, 01:23 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Regular

I want a semi-big kinda skull like 3-6" tall. I know i'm asking alot from everybody here and I appreciate the slightest effort. The reason why i'm trying so hard is because i'm about to blow $2500 on an aquarium and it's taking awhile with a minimum wage job, a baby, and my brand new car. I only get paid $250-$285 and I put $200 a week into my savings for the car and the aquarium and it's going to take a few more months. So i'm trying really hard to make it perfect. If you guys have ANY other cool idea's for a theme that will be easier to find then please tell me, or if you know of any other brutal or metal things to put in there.... oh yea and for the record I freaking hate hot topic.... I know it probably sounds like i'd like it but that's a goth/emo store and i'm am neither. Thank's for every ones help I really really appreciate it.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:25 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by defiance View Post
Looking forward to seeing how this turns out. My other half stopped me from sinking a guitar in my tank. I will keep an eye out for anything u can use
See that's why i'm not letting my wife pitch in on the aquarium lol
Old 09-28-2011, 01:34 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Regular

I just found a large heavy metal skeleton playing a guitar on amazon.com. Yay me That's one thing
Old 09-28-2011, 03:45 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

paint...Krylon Fusion. Make sure the item is clean and dry...use multiple LIGHT coats, and let it all dry for at LEAST a week.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:40 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak

Aww you copied my name .... LOL .... Jk ... But is kinda funny there so close
Old 10-01-2011, 01:08 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalheadx View Post
Aww you copied my name .... LOL .... Jk ... But is kinda funny there so close
lol that's awesome. I've been using this name for about 5 years now. Not on this website but xbox live and other websites. By the way I got a really great idea that i'm not sure is possible. I want a one way glass cave for fish to hide in. The only problem that if I did have a one way glass cave is that I wouldn't be able to see the fish but it would see me. Does any one know if they make such a thing? I really would love to have something like that just because a lot of the fish I like like to hide. Any suggestions?
Old 10-01-2011, 03:45 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalHeadX343
lol that's awesome. I've been using this name for about 5 years now. Not on this website but xbox live and other websites. By the way I got a really great idea that i'm not sure is possible. I want a one way glass cave for fish to hide in. The only problem that if I did have a one way glass cave is that I wouldn't be able to see the fish but it would see me. Does any one know if they make such a thing? I really would love to have something like that just because a lot of the fish I like like to hide. Any suggestions?
LOL. I have used just metalheadx for awhile too on other forums ...lol .... Anyways not sure exactly what ya mean with the oneway glass cave but you could try to find a cool shaped bowl / vase , that has dark / tint like glass .
Old 10-04-2011, 07:15 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice FINatic

For a glass cave use a clear drinking glass, and place it near the glass wall of the tank so you can see in, cover the rest in gravel.

Tags
deco, decor, decorations, safe

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com