Safe plastic grids to use, suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trioracles

Aquarium Advice Activist
I want to use those plastic canvases/grids that people are using but I've been doing some research on plastics. Almost all plastic grids that people use for making a divider or for growing carpets or walls are made from mesh 7 plastics. I've read that they leech out toxins. Is there any safer alternatives? And if there aren't any alternatives are these #7 plastic mesh grids absolutely safe ? Please leave link. Thanks!

Plastic canvas has been used for a long time in fish tanks. We Betta owners use them to divide tanks. Never heard of any problems. I am sure that they probably leach some small amount of contaminates but I have never heard of a fish suffering from the use of plastic canvas. You can also used egg crate, Lithonia Lighting White Eggcrate T12 Troffer Replacement Diffuser-L2GT PLTS R5 - The Home Depot, it is found in the lighting sections of of stores like Lowes or Home Depot. Works to keep jumping fish in the tank too if they are not too small.

Plastic canvas has been used for a long time in fish tanks. We Betta owners use them to divide tanks. Never heard of any problems. I am sure that they probably leach some small amount of contaminates but I have never heard of a fish suffering from the use of plastic canvas. You can also used egg crate, Lithonia Lighting White Eggcrate T12 Troffer Replacement Diffuser-L2GT PLTS R5 - The Home Depot, it is found in the lighting sections of of stores like Lowes or Home Depot. Works to keep jumping fish in the tank too if they are not too small.

Thanks so much!

080215 Yopoipoi, rest in peace. May the river of light guide your soul to the celestial waters above.

Back
Top Bottom