Sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I picked mine up from Petco, I rinsed mine in a pillow case and used a cup to put the sand in letting the water go in the cup slowly then bring to the bottom and dump. Turn your filters off while putting the sand in there shouldn't be any issues. I have a canister and no probs.

just did this this weekend put a bag in a 5 gallon bucket and put the garden hose in it let it run clear and no problems thus far it looks really good now

Either fine white sand or black sand is good, rising can be done numerous ways. Adding sand to the tank is best done with the water level low the slowly add your tank water back in. Sand is not like "Silt" in that it stays like a cloud in your tank, sand settles very fast when rinised.

Derekkaine said:
Either fine white sand or black sand is good, rising can be done numerous ways. Adding sand to the tank is best done with the water level low the slowly add your tank water back in. Sand is not like "Silt" in that it stays like a cloud in your tank, sand settles very fast when rinised.

Looks good and easier to clean too. Just make sure you stir it occasionally to remove any pockets of amonia.

Back
Top Bottom