Sand Fall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
they make exterior UV resistant pond spray foam.

8ddad1fe-0861-4226-b221-8566ef959d5f_400.jpg

This is what Im going to use. I decided I am blacking out the back of the tank with tint material again (limo dark tint, just ordered) and then Im going to make a more sectioned BG.

Yours looks awesome though, DEF something Id actually pay for!

If your decide to make a thread let me know, I'd be interested in following :). Actually I was thinking about making a little summer business out of it. Maybe find some people that want one and give them different design options , I'm not sure yet there's to many variables I haven't thought out yet :p

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If your decide to make a thread let me know, I'd be interested in following :). Actually I was thinking about making a little summer business out of it. Maybe find some people that want one and give them different design options , I'm not sure yet there's to many variables I haven't thought out yet :p

will do. I have a thread started here

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f15/new-55-gallon-journey-334098.html

but my time has been so spent lately I havent gotten very far.

No :( in the leaching process. Was at 8.8 ph beginning of the week but now at 8.2

you got the instruction from king of diy didn't you? :) I want to try it too!

He helped but not completely. Trust me it took about a dozen articles and 3 videos haha

So my killie survived the 24 hour test :D ph is down to 7.2 and I am fully leached. Will start putting sand in today and get the water fall to work. Tank should be fully set up next week other then stock. So far all I have going into the tank is one golden killie and MAYBE a blue crayfish. Any stocking ideas are welcome :)

It will be a planted aquarium. Got the fluval 24b lighting and and the fluval 206 canister.

Last edited by a moderator:
Painting is done, i also found this cool rock decoration thing that sticks on the glass so i sanded and painted it also.

So another lack of foresight issue was that foam has a tendency to float and the Drylok isnt as heavy as concrete and i dont plan on siliconing it to the glass.

So im going to put some kind of bottom on it and the weight of that and the sand in the reservoir will keep it down.

Attachments

• 1481602173190.jpg
    1481602173190.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 103
  • 1481602185251.jpg
    1481602185251.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 104
I made a small test piece that i have submerged now to see how it does for the next week while the actual waterfall cures.

Attatched by silicone to a plastic base for more footing, then siliconed that to the aquarium bottom. 3 days with no issues.
Ill try to get a video of it running asap

Attachments

• 1490807502395.jpg
    1490807502395.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 74

Here is a great channel on YouTube for DIY projects for aquariums. I hope this may be useful ....

Back
Top Bottom