Sand Fall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks great! Wish I had the space for one. It's going to look awesome! What fish are in the aquarium?

You can do it in a 10 gallon even! You'll have to sacrifice some room of course but depending on how you do it it doesn't have to be that much! Right now I have two golden killies, a rainbow shark, and a blue lobster just dying to get in there. The tank is going to be Asian themed, so I'm trying to think of a nice stock to add, suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

This sounds cool. I've seen a few videos of sand falls but that's all. It looks especially good when there are plants below the sand IMO.

Good luck!

Yeah I'd like to have a very nicely planted aquarium but unfortunately I bought a kit for this tank and the lighting is trash. I think it's something like only 8 watts. I like the sleek look of the thin hood and led lights which makes me want to keep it, but some where down the road I may upgrade. Thanks for the luck!

Looking good. I am planning on making a sand waterfall for my 55 gallon and my cichlid tank.

So far I'm 30 hours deep in total hours worked on this project, but I'm sure it will be 100% worth it, go for it ! It's pretty cheap to

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430273690.847775.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430273703.697124.jpg
Silicones into place. Giving 24 hours to dry then will start filling :)

Thanks a lot! Feel free to share some pics bud ?

Finntastic. I see what you did there haha

Wait, sorry if I missed this, but what is the stock? It would look really cool with crayfish and dwarf puffers. Just what I would do :lol:

Rainbow shark, 2 golden killies and an Electric blue crayfish are waiting to make this there home. Haven't decided what else I might like. Open to recommendations :). Thanks !

Rainbow shark, 2 golden killies and an Electric blue crayfish are waiting to make this there home. Haven't decided what else I might like. Open to recommendations :). Thanks !

That shark is going to need a tank upgrade ~55G. They get 6+ inches long and like to have a big territory to dominate.

looks awesome.
I was going to try and make a styrofoam BG as well. I keep toggling between that, spray foam, natural stuf etc etc.

Just getting money to buy necessary equipment I.e. Lights and filter. Got a finnex light today. 312 led full spectrum and got a few plants too. There sitting in my 5.5g planted. Hopefully I'll have it up and running in a week or two

looks awesome.
I was going to try and make a styrofoam BG as well. I keep toggling between that, spray foam, natural stuf etc etc.

Thanks. I've seen the spray foam. Although it looks easy I don't know if I would trust it. I feel like it would fall apart in a year and deteriorate. What i did wasn't to hard, just time consuming, but it was definitely fun

Thanks. I've seen the spray foam. Although it looks easy I don't know if I would trust it. I feel like it would fall apart in a year and deteriorate. What i did wasn't to hard, just time consuming, but it was definitely fun

they make exterior UV resistant pond spray foam.

8ddad1fe-0861-4226-b221-8566ef959d5f_400.jpg

This is what Im going to use. I decided I am blacking out the back of the tank with tint material again (limo dark tint, just ordered) and then Im going to make a more sectioned BG.
Yours looks awesome though, DEF something Id actually pay for!

Back
Top Bottom