sand filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sumo2001

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
probably not the right place but here goes.
i`ve aquired a swimming pool sand filter which i want to convert from sand to kaldness k1 so it becomes a fluidised bed filter the thing is i want to feed from my overflow and then return it to my sump will the gravity work ok like this please?probably sounds stupid but got the filter for free so if doesn`t work then fine.
just a massive amount of biological filtration for very little cost.
cheers

That won't work. You never want to impede the flow from an overflow to the sump because then it may not keep up with your pump.

Sand filters are amazing to use on tanks, why not keep it as is and run it after the pump (after the sump) inline with the return?

That won't work. You never want to impede the flow from an overflow to the sump because then it may not keep up with your pump.

Sand filters are amazing to use on tanks, why not keep it as is and run it after the pump (after the sump) inline with the return?

cheers never thought of that might do that instead

That's the reason why i love to join this kind of thread, i am learning! Thanks guys.

Back
Top Bottom