Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-18-2011, 04:31 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

sand filter

probably not the right place but here goes.
i`ve aquired a swimming pool sand filter which i want to convert from sand to kaldness k1 so it becomes a fluidised bed filter the thing is i want to feed from my overflow and then return it to my sump will the gravity work ok like this please?probably sounds stupid but got the filter for free so if doesn`t work then fine.
just a massive amount of biological filtration for very little cost.
cheers

Old 06-18-2011, 09:13 PM   #2

That won't work. You never want to impede the flow from an overflow to the sump because then it may not keep up with your pump.

Sand filters are amazing to use on tanks, why not keep it as is and run it after the pump (after the sump) inline with the return?

Old 06-19-2011, 02:18 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishguy2727 View Post
That won't work. You never want to impede the flow from an overflow to the sump because then it may not keep up with your pump.

Sand filters are amazing to use on tanks, why not keep it as is and run it after the pump (after the sump) inline with the return?

cheers never thought of that might do that instead
Old 08-22-2011, 07:29 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Newbie

That's the reason why i love to join this kind of thread, i am learning! Thanks guys.

Tags
filter, sand

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com