sealant for aquariums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrTMrW

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I am wondering If I could use the new sealant which is a new brand of sealant and is supposed to be very good.

I am wondering If I could use it im my aquarium for making a internal filter, gluing background to tank and making a ledge for terrapin to walk on out of the water.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to ask what your making for your tank that need such a high inhesion strength? In most case normal silicone caulk should work fine and hold everything you mentioned with out issue.

haven't used the product you mention but It sounds, by the description i glanced at on the web to be a high inhesion product similar to 3M 5200 which isn't aquarium safe at all. Also, If it is anything like 5200 then it's way over kill for aquarium application. Have you tried silicone and its not working?

I have to ask what your making for your tank that need such a high inhesion strength? In most case normal silicone caulk should work fine and hold everything you mentioned with out issue.

haven't used the product you mention but It sounds, by the description i glanced at on the web to be a high inhesion product similar to 3M 5200 which isn't aquarium safe at all. Also, If it is anything like 5200 then it's way over kill for aquarium application. Have you tried silicone and its not working?
+1. GE silicone 1 will work just fine for what you need. if it can hold my baffles in place in my refugium, itll hold for you. plus its 100% aquarium safe and cheaper than "aquarium silicone". just make sure its GE silicone 1, not 2

Back
Top Bottom