self made generator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

troutman11111

Aquarium Advice Freak
i made a generator with 1 marine battery,1 power inverter500watt, 1 charger auto,1 extension cord. this system lasted for a week at 230watts. lights,pumps heater, i leave the extension cord by my tank,and my whole system converts to 1 plug in the wall. which means if power goes out i just unplug tank from wall to extension cord. inverter 49.00 walmart. i'm a fishing and boater so i had the battery and charger. the timers will run slow! great deal at costco,199.00 for this gas generator. 1500watt 90amp 25lbs and very compact.

how many amps is that marine battery?

230 watts total, or 230 watts of light + other goodies?

one week! d*mn that's a good run-time - wish my SmartUPS 1000 would last that long (no the su1k isn't on the fishtank, it's on my computers :)

that generator is pretty sweet, and only $200 wow ... nice thing about 120 ac is it doesn't mind a good long extension cord ... so the gen can be a ways away from where people are ;)

That is a sweet deal on the generator. Does it have a 4 stroke engine? Kinda looks like a 2 in the pic. Be great for camping too! Wish mine weighed 25lb...takes two men and a boy to put the darn thing in the truck!

2 stroke engine, and the marine battery has 875 marine cranking amps, and 675 cold cranking amps. got it at walmart 79.00 1 1/2 years ago. 230watts total, lights,pumps,heater.

Back
Top Bottom