Semi DIY 120 Gal Stand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

InfernoST

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi All
After reading Ziggy953's adventure I decided to order the 120 Gallon tank with the stand then add my own touches to the stand. This is where I'm at after week 1. Currently I'm working on the doors and will post the finished Product photo in a few days.
Tank1.jpg
Tank2.jpg
Tank3.jpg
Tank4.jpg

Page 1 of 2

Nice color. I wanted to get a whole set-up with that stain at one time. Is that a dark cherry stain?
Believe it or not it's Minwax Polyshade Bombay Mahogany satin 380. I love cherry but every stain i've used that stated it was cherry had no red pigment in it and looked more like regular Mahogany.

that's because commercial furniture makers embellish cherry's coloring. cherry wood isn't as red as they would have you believe. only after many years of exposure to light does it darken and deepen in coloration and it's still not really red. mahogany is the deep red colored wood.

that's because commercial furniture makers embellish cherry's coloring. cherry wood isn't as red as they would have you believe. only after many years of exposure to light does it darken and deepen in coloration and it's still not really red. mahogany is the deep red colored wood.
That's interesting, I wish I would of known that a few years ago when I was re-modeling my house. What do you thing of the stand?

Thanx Fisheggs, that stuff with the poly in it is a bummer to work with. I think i need to get a spray gun, the wife is loading me up with projects.

The color is beautiful.... great job on everything!
Thanks, my next trick is going to be the hood which i will make from scratch, I'll start that after i figure out the lighting scheme i want to use.

I have a 125 and I need to make a hood.... I think I will just wait for you and follow this thread... and then steal your idea LOL

that looks way better, I also love the color. next time try the cheap foam brush on a stick, they work better for me and never leave the brush hairs or brush strokes when using poly.

that looks way better, I also love the color. next time try the cheap foam brush on a stick, they work better for me and never leave the brush hairs or brush strokes when using poly.
Thanks, If I can't get it in a spray can for the hood i will definitely get the foam brush.

I have a 125 and I need to make a hood.... I think I will just wait for you and follow this thread... and then steal your idea LOL
How about a joint venture? You supply the lighting info and i will build the hood to accommodate the lighting (I can't figure out what I'm going to need yet, the lighting is so darn confusing:bawl: LOL). 2 heads are always better than 1. The doors should be finished and mounted tomorrow then I'll start drawing out the hood. Once i get a draft drawn up I'll post it.

Back
Top Bottom