Setting up the new fire-bellied toad paladarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tetra22

Aquarium Advice Regular
I recently aquired two fire-bellied toads from my sister-in-law's sister with almost all the equipment. But I had to put it all together and make it look good. I decided on siliconing some pieces of plaxiglass I had sitting around to the inside of the 10g tank to make a little less than half the tank a land area. As you can see by the pictures I then filled it with potting soil while making a gravel wall against the glass so you can't see the the dirt well. I planted it with Scotch moss and a polkadot plant from Home Depot. Then I layed down a plastic liner for the stream out of a gallon size freezer Ziplock and covered it all with gravel. (Note: Make sure you lay the water line BEFORE you finish perfecting your landscape...It would have been easier that way). I used a 60gph pump from Harbor Freight, regular airline tubing with a 90* fitting on the end, and held the end in the right place with small rocks. I am very happy with the way it turned out, but the only thing is that, for some reason, the land area keeps getting totally flooded. I siphoned it all out (picture 5) and adjusted the plastic stream lining but it flooded again the next time I turned on the stream. I think it's just flowing off the end of the steam and getting sucked under the plastic there. Not sure what I'm gonna do about that yet, but I'll figure it out.
The frogs love it though!

Anyway, just sharing my project. Let me know what you guys think!

Always with love,
Tetra22

22520-albums963-picture7533.jpg

22520-albums963-picture7534.jpg

22520-albums963-picture7535.jpg

22520-albums963-picture7537.jpg

22520-albums963-picture7538.jpg

22520-albums963-picture7539.jpg

22520-albums963-picture7540.jpg

Sorry for the picture quality, I was using my cell phone to take them.

Looks good. Thought about moving one of the pieces of wood to make a ramp up or anything? I can't tell but it doesn't look like there is a ramp and I would think that may make it easier on them.

Looks good. Thought about moving one of the pieces of wood to make a ramp up or anything? I can't tell but it doesn't look like there is a ramp and I would think that may make it easier on them.

That piece of wood in front makes a nice ramp with the arch in it. So It's very easy for them to get onto the land.

Back
Top Bottom