Shallow aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shesky

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have DYI aquariums before so I am pretty familiar with putting one together. Also, I have been pretty creative with some. Just yesterday a neighbor gave me some glass from one of those old fashion louver door. Was thinking about making a desktop type aquarium which would be 15" x 4" x 4" with a tiny homemade sponge filter. Would like to put small plants that could grow out of the water and either add some shrimp, endlers, or the like. Do you think this would work? If so, any suggestions on the plants?

Thanks

I have DYI aquariums before so I am pretty familiar with putting one together. Also, I have been pretty creative with some. Just yesterday a neighbor gave me some glass from one of those old fashion louver door. Was thinking about making a desktop type aquarium which would be 15" x 4" x 4" with a tiny homemade sponge filter. Would like to put small plants that could grow out of the water and either add some shrimp, endlers, or the like. Do you think this would work? If so, any suggestions on the plants?

Thanks

If you are planning on making a 1 gallon shallow aquarium then fish will not work. Sorry.
You could do a shrimp tank though.
I'm not too good on plants so I can't really help you there.
I recommend doing some of the smaller species of shrimp.
Or you could also possibly do a snail or two but its up to you on what you want.

Back
Top Bottom