simple double tank stand plans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JOMA

Aquarium Advice Addict
i want to make a double tank stand for my 20 gallon long and 10 gallon, but i cant find any instructions on how to do so online. I dont really need anything fancy like cabinents and stuff, just a stand that will stack them and support the wieght.

(ps. i want to stack them, one above the other)

thanks
-joma

well.... you can cheat and get a rack at lowes home depot costco sams club..... i have some fits 3 tanks on 1 rack i think it wsa $50.

ive seen those, i wasnt sure if it would support the wieght

Cinder blocks and 4x4s. Stack the cinder blocks, cut the 4x4 into two appropriate lengths and slide the boards into the holes in the blocks. One of my LFSs has a wall of tanks held up like this.

ive seen those, i wasnt sure if it would support the wieght
img_1160613_0_fdd42fcae4a79902564ce2ad9a78edcb.jpg

i want to make a double tank stand for my 20 gallon long and 10 gallon, but i cant find any instructions on how to do so online. I dont really need anything fancy like cabinents and stuff, just a stand that will stack them and support the wieght.

(ps. i want to stack them, one above the other)

thanks
-joma

funny thing is, im also building a stand for my 20 gallon and a 10gallon to go under it. loL

yea most of these wire stands are rated to hold 250# per shelf (evenly distuted) iv seen a 20gal long on the 3rd shelf and the stand didnt even think about wiggling

where did you get this stand?

well.... you can cheat and get a rack at lowes home depot costco sams club..... i have some fits 3 tanks on 1 rack i think it wsa $50.

where did you get this stand?
yea most of these wire stands are rated to hold 250# per shelf (evenly distuted) iv seen a 20gal long on the 3rd shelf and the stand didnt even think about wiggling
been though a couple quakes too and didnt even move at all. something big enough to knock these down the tanks will be the last of my worries.

Back
Top Bottom