Sketch of my DIY sand waterfall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Homer8

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Im going to attempt to make an underwater sand waterfall. I have made a sketch and i transfered it from paper to photoshop. Im going to make it out of plexiglass, then cover it in rock. this is the side view.

So its a sandfall? The sand falls through that desing inside the aquarium? Dont think I ever seen something like that I'll have to Google it.

Looks absolutely gorgeous..and also looks to me like a fairly simple idea..just need a piece or two of acrylic, air stonw, and some piping...not too bad

I had one of those sand fountains about ten years ago. It was cool, but all the paint flaked off the resin and the sand kept getting blown out of the fountain. IIRC, it wasn't normal sand. The grains were fairly large and they weren't very dense.

I made it and for the most part it works i just need to make it look good by covig it with stone and i need to fine tune it a bit. I hope it looks good if not all i will have done is wasted scrap plexiglass , hot glue and my time.

the problem with plexiglas is that it doesnt take pictures very well i tried and you can really see it. I did it basically the way i made my sketch. I will show you a video when i get it in the tank and working if that ever happens. I am going home this weekend and i have blue stone that has thin slices coming off of it and im going to use that to cover it. hope it looks good

Im going to attempt to make an underwater sand waterfall. I have made a sketch and i transfered it from paper to photoshop. Im going to make it out of plexiglass, then cover it in rock. this is the side view.

I think this is a great project, I have something like this in mind myself. I am curious what size sand return hole you are going to use and what the slope of the return tray works best?

I was checking out new stores while on the road and saw one of these (maybe like bigjim was talking about) an they were pretty cool looking the way the sand was pouring out of a idols mouth and a pyramid.

Lots of pics would be great during your build :D.

Following for sure :popcorn:.

I was checking out new stores while on the road and saw one of these (maybe like bigjim was talking about) an they were pretty cool looking the way the sand was pouring out of a idols mouth and a pyramid.

Lots of pics would be great during your build :D.

Following for sure :popcorn:.
I am planing a similar build but I'm going to use PVC piping.

And am I crazy but for the life of me I can't find any information that says a Led light could not be used to highlight an ornament?

A lfs by my house has one they made. Cool idea. I thought they were so smart to think of it but I guess others have done it to. Good luck. Cant wait to see it.

i need to get rock to cover it and i left it in my friends car. It will be a week till i get it.

Back
Top Bottom