Skimmer waste collector.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cal91666

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just some pics of my DIY skimmer waste collector which should allow me only have to empty waste every few weeks rather than every few days.

Nice!! I assume you've tested it to make sure it is liquid tight? Hate for it to leak that stuff on the floor
greenpuke.gif

That looks nice. Very professional. I use a one gallon milk jug to collect mine. Same principle but quite as fancy. I keep it behind the tank tho so it's not too visible. Your idea is better.

U know you could sell those bad boys if you wanted.

I am sure they cost just a few $ to make and is a way to suplment your costs of the tanks.

U know there is a way to diduct the expenses you have with your aquarium hobby on your tax's. I think one of the ways to justify this deduction is if you 'try' to break even by also selling items that are related to your tanks. HEHE I belive if memory serves me correct you can clam a loss in such a venture for 3 of 5 years.

And I thought my 2 liter Dr Pepper bottle with the hose going through the lid was state of the art! Seriously, that looks great. I always look forward to seeing DIY stuff on here...especially when it is quality stuff like your collector is. Great job.
Logan J

Back
Top Bottom